Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Dulce de Leche Pumpkin Pie


Yes, I love pumpkin pie. But I like pumpkin pie that's a little different. I've tried Chocolate Pumpkin Pie, Pecan Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie, Sour Cream Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie, etc. etc.

I came across a recipe for Dulce de Leche Pumpkin and immediately knew I had to try it. Thanks to Recipegirl.com for posting this recipe.

1 deep dish pie crust (I used frozen in this rendition)
3/4 cup Dulce de Leche (I splurged and bought some imported.... see below)
2 eggs
1 15 oz. can Pumpkin puree
1 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp salt
1 12 oz can evaporated milk

Spoon Dulce de Leche into the pie crust and spread evenly all over the bottom.



In a bowl beat eggs well with the brown sugar and add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.

Slowly pour egg mixture into the pie plate. Place pie on a cookie sheet to catch any overflow. (And it will overflow a bit, trust me, don't skip this step)

I found a had about a cup of mixture left over so I poured some Dulce de Leche into two pyrex baking dishes and just poured the pumpkin mixture on top.



Bake at 375 degrees for 55 minutes to an hour. The pie will be a bit jiggly in the very middle but firm from there out. Remove, it will continue to bake a bit as it cools.

See that Dulce de Leche trying to escape? Don't worry, almost ALL of it stayed in the pie.



Serve with Whipping cream and chopped toffee if desired.

Enjoy! This pie is REALLY good!

From Argentina! Muito Bom!

2 comments:

RecipeGirl said...

Great- glad you enjoyed!

Ron Merlin said...

I am STILL eating it.....It really is good....thank you....