Monday, March 30, 2009

Corned Beef Hash

So as I said, I really only made Corned Beef and Cabbage so I could try to make Corned Beef Hash. So I did. It came out very well, and I'll certainly make this again. Here's my take on it:

Ingredients and Method:

3 slices corned beef
1 medium yukon gold potato
1 tablespoon finely minced onion
salt and pepper to taste
3 pats butter for frying

Mince corned beef into very small pieces.

Microwave potato for 6 minutes on high. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes. Remove skin and chop potato into very small pieces the same size as the corned beef.


Mix corned beef, potato and onion together. Add salt and pepper.


Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat and brown corned beef on both sides, about 5 minutes a side. Be careful not to overbrown as the corned beef will get hard and overcooked.

Enjoy with an egg or two of your choice. Additionally you might like tabasco sauce, ketchup, etc.

2 comments:

Matt. Tara. Addi. Roslyn. said...

Hi Ron,
I really enjoy your recipes and your whole site. I feel the information is really useful. I recently started a small food storage business and have created a website dedicated to helping people build up their emergency food supply. I was wondering if you would be willing to put a link to our site from yours. Our site is http://www.foodstoragedepot.com. Feel free to check it out and see what you think. You can put the link anywhere you feel that it would not distract from your own information. If this is something that you are interested in please contact me at this email address (taraivers@gmail.com) and we would be glad send you some of our product or you can pick an item from http://www.outersports.com. Thanks,
Tara

AudreyO said...

Ron,

I have never made this either. You mentioned a great sloppy joe recipe. My dauhgter is the one you shared the oatmeal recipe with. She was bound and determined to make the oatmeal like you did.