Saturday, April 25, 2009

Stuffed Pork Chops


Very nice Pork Chop recipe. Pork when grilled or sauteed has a tendency to get tough unless cooked very slowly. The best results I find is to saute briefly in a pan on the stove to brown it and then move to the oven and bake until done. And since we're baking it, why not make stuffing at the same time and bake it along with the chops. In fact, now that I think about it, why not STUFF the chops with the dressing?? Nah, I didn't think of it first, I read about it somewhere.

That being said, I put some ingredients together I thought might work, and if I do say so myself, this was awfully awfully good. I suggest you give it a try.

And obviously, I think EVERYTHING I post is good, mainly because, I don't post the BOMB'S I make. lol. (And I make my share of Bombs)


Ingredients and Method:

1 1/2 inch Pork Loin Chops (Boneless or Bone-in)
1 small can peaches
1 tablespoon sage
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup currants
1 egg
1 1/2 cups stuffing
herbs de provence for dry rub

Dice 4 - 5 peach slices and combine with currants and stuffing and sage and stir. Melt butter and add to stuffing mixture. Beat egg and mix into stuffing. Add peach juice from the can a tablespoon or so at a time to moisten the stuffing to your liking.

Cut into the chops from the side almost all the way through to create a pocket. Stuff with mixture and secure with toothpicks or kitchen string.

Heat oil on medium heat, and then add chops and sear on one side. (about 2 minutes) Meanwhile sprinkle the one side with herbs de provence. Carefully turn chops over and sear the other side for two minutes and sprinke the seared side with herbs de provence.

Transfer to oven and bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 170 degrees. Let rest for 10 minutes and serve immediately.

Enjoy!

No comments: