Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookies


I decided to make some cookies. I wanted peanut butter but I also wanted chocolate chips. So, I combined it into one recipe. These are peanut butter cookies with both peanut butter chips and chocolate chips. Came out pretty well I thought. Hope you like them.

Ingredients and Method:

1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup peanut butter (do not use natural)
3/4 cup peanut butter chips
3/4 cup chocolate chips


In a mixing bowl cream together the butter and sugars until fluffy. Add vanilla, beaten egg and peanut butter and mix well.

Add the flour and baking powder and salt and combine thoroughly.

Add peanut butter chips and chocolate chips and fold in gently.

Refrigerate dough in refrigerator for 20 minutes.

On a cookie sheet covered in parchment, or greased sheet, drop dough of about a tablespoon onto the sheet two inches apart.

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 - 12 minutes until just beginning to brown around the edge of the cookie. Remover, let cool on sheet for 10 minutes, remove to wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with balance of the dough.

Enjoy!

9 comments:

Becca said...

These sound really delicious! I can't wait to try them :)

Chef Tess said...

Argh! I can feel my patootie getting bigger just niffing the computer screen. Evil little nuggets...I must make some now. Thanks!

Debbie said...

Great flavor combination .. always a winner. You photos are great. Looks like you could (almost) grab one right off the screen!

Joe Ambrosino said...

Hey Merlin! I like your style. You bake a hell of a lot more than me, but maybe I can learn something. I hope you'll checkout my blog!

Ron Merlin said...

Joe, I'll check it out for sure!

Jessica - Real Food for Real Life said...

Oh..I think I need to make some cookies!

Cooking with Coley said...

I'm not much of a dessert person, but man do I love peanut butter and chocolate together. I may need to start baking and try these out. Oh and great photos!

RanggaChoco said...

hi Ron
may i copy you cookie recipe? **i thought that my kids like this :)

thank you
liza

Ron Merlin said...

Absolutely..... Copy any recipe I post... That's why I do it.....


Thanks for the visit...