Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Kitchen Bad Boy....



So how I cooked or baked before I got the Kitchen Aid is beyond me. I'd wanted one for years, but just couldn't bring myself to pay that much for a 'mixer'......

Then, funny story here, I got hired by a firm in Seattle, and so relocated there, and their name is Cobalt......

They laid me off, not once, mind you, but TWICE within six months of
hiring me! When they called me to ask me back after the first layoff, I thought,
"I must have gone up on the pecking list" so I said yes.....

They laid me off AGAIN 3 days before Christmas..... (They're a dot.com company
and subject to continued Venture Capitalist money so are forever laying off people
like me, Financial Analysts.... I mean Jesus, who needs those? LOL

Anyway, So despite the fact I was laid off, I happened to go into a Sears Store, and
looked at the 'mixers' and sure enough they were like $20 off.

I said, hmm, I'm laid off, so funds are at a premium....... but I will be OFF for a while,and it WOULD be nice to cook and bake.....

So I bought one, but here's the rub......they had ALL these colors....and I chose.....

(drumroll)

COBALT!!

After the name of the company that laid me off.....!


And my GOD, I love this machine.....I'll be showin' ya all it can do on my posts
here in the future......

Oh, and by the way.....Starbucks Headquarters in Seattle is two Blocks from Cobalt, and when I left Sears I went and put in an app at Starbucks....and have been there for FOUR years now!!!


True Story....

Merlin

1 comment:

Patsy said...

Love it, keep at it. Have to check with your blog everyday.