Monday, July 28, 2008

World Class Peanut Butter Cookies


I call these World Class Peanut Butter Cookies because I first time I tasted them, that's what I thought.

These cookies have to be tried to be believed. Four ingredients only and absolutely delicious. They have replaced chocolate chip cookies in this household, believe me. They just melt in your mouth. Please note they have NO flour. It can be a fragile cookie (which is what makes it so good) so my advice is to measure the ingredients exactly.


25 min 10 min prep
16 cookies....
  • 1 cup peanut butter (Chunky or Smooth)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
  1. Cream together peanut butter and sugar.
  2. Add egg and baking soda and mix thoroughly.
  3. Roll into 1 inch balls and drop onto cookie sheet.
  4. Using the back of a fork flatten in a cross-hatch pattern.
  5. (Wet fork or dip in sugar to keep dough from sticking) Bake at 375 degrees for 12- 15 minutes. (Bake until they start to brown around the edges)



Enjoy....

5 comments:

Unknown said...

My 6 & 3 yr old nephews ate them so quick, esp. delish w/milk, YUM! Can't go wrong w/PB & sugar, esp in a cookie...Thx...

Anonymous said...

Ron - I just made these cookies and I have to tell you that they are amazing! The only thing that I wish was different: that the batter mixture was bigger so I could have more (I know, I know, I could double the recipe or make it over again...but...I'm afraid I might eat this whole batch by tomorrow!)

- Crystal

Ron Merlin said...

Thanks Crystal for the comment....That's what I call.......


GOTCHA!

make 'em again, won't ya? LOL

Thanks Dear

Anonymous said...

I have tried the recipe you linked back to and liked them very much (before I began blogging). I have even made them substituting Brown sugar for some or all of the white sugar called for. They are very very yummy, I will give you that!
I may make them again and add some PB and chocolate chips!!

Anonymous said...

Who doesn't want a cookie that great looking?